Extra Curricular Clubs & Music lessons
We offer a range of clubs to develop a genuine love of learning and the key skills, knowledge and dispositions to be happy and successful individuals.
Drama Club - after school - Miss K Arnold
ICT Club - lunchtimes & after school
Science Club - after school
Dance Club - after school
Relaxation Club - Monday lunchtimes - Mrs Ash
Homework Club (Years 3-6) - Thursdays after school 3.20 - 4.15pm
Singing Club (Years 3-6) - Thursdays 12.30 - 1pm (lunchtime) in Whale classroom - Mrs Rowswell
Each week teachers from the North Somerset Music Service come into school to teach individual instrumental lessons to pupils in KS2. The time for these lessons is bought in advance by the school from the Music Service and lessons are mainly taken during school hours. However, to limit any negative impact that having instrumental lessons may have on the children’s learning, we are working with the music service to endeavour to book music lessons before school, at lunchtime and after school. Please consider carefully if, given a time out of the school day, that you will ensure that your child will attend.
Instruments able to be taught at Portishead Primary School are:
Violin, woodwind, keyboard, brass, guitar and drums
All lessons will take place in the Music Room.
Your child will require their own instrument - local music shops and North Somerset run various hiring and purchase schemes.
- We require termly fees in advance. The cost is usually between £60-£80 per term (this is 2 school terms) depending on the number of pupils taking up the instruments and the size of the group.
- Notice in writing is required to give intent to cease lessons and should be given to Tracey Joyce, Office Manager.
- We aim for 33 lessons per year of between 15 & 20 minutes per week depending on group size.
- Your child is expected to make sure that they find out what they may have missed from their class teacher and catch up with the work.
- Your child will be given their time slot for their lesson at the beginning of each Music Term (x2 school terms) and it will be their responsibility to get to their lesson on time as the music teacher will not have time available to track down the child.